Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Saft Flader Delight

While the East Coast is battling Irene, down in Southern California we are having a heat wave.    Apparently everyone decided to save money on AC by going to the mall to escape the blazing heat, a fact which I learned the hard way.   After driving through two parking structures in the mall while dodging crazies on their cell phones with not a space to be found I left defeated.  When I came back home I decided that it was time for a refreshing cocktail and the perfect excuse to crack open my bottle of Elderflower syrup which I had recently picked up at Ikea.  I based my drink off of the recipe card that came with it, but added my own twist.  It proved to be a perfect drink for a warm August evening. 







SAFT FLADER DELIGHT:


2oz dry gin (I like Martin Miller's London Dry Gin)
2oz Ikea Elderflower Syrup
1 lemon slice
Trade Joe's Lemon sparkling mineral water


Fill a 12 oz glass half way with ice. Pour in gin and elderflower syrup. Squeeze in lemon.  Top with lemon flavored sparkling water.  Serve with a straw and enjoy =)



No comments:

Post a Comment